Senin, 18 April 2016

Dieng Temple Complex Hindu Temple in Banjarnegara City

Dieng temple is a collection of temples located in the foothills of Dieng, Wonosobo, Central Java. Dieng temple area occupies a plateau at an altitude of 2000 m above sea level, elongated north-south direction with a width of about 1900 m along 800 m.

Wing Hindu Shiva temples were built between the estimated end of the 8th century until the beginning of the 9th century is believed to be the oldest temple in Java. Until now has not found written information about the history of Dieng Temple, but experts predict that these temples were built by the kings of Sanjaya dynasty. In Dieng area discovered a stone inscription dated 808 AD, which is the oldest inscription written in ancient Javanese, which are still extant today. A statue of Shiva found in the area is now kept in the National Museum in Jakarta. Dieng temple construction is estimated to take place in two stages. The first phase took place between the end of the 7th century until the first quarter of the 8th century, includes construction of Arjuna, Semar, Heroine Temple and Temple Gatutkaca. The second phase is a continuation of the first phase, lasting until around 780 AD

Dieng temple was rediscovered in 1814, when it was a British soldier who was to Dieng saw a cluster of temples submerged in lake water. In 1956, Van Kinsbergen led efforts draining the lake where the temples were located. Cleanup efforts continue by the Dutch in 1864, followed by recording and taking pictures by Van Kinsbergen.

Overall width Dieng Temple reaches approximately 1.8 x 0.8 km2. The temples in Dieng Temple area is divided into 3 groups and one individual temple is named after characters in the puppet story from the Mahabharata. The three groups are Arjuna temple, Gatutkaca, Dwarawati group and the individual temple is Candi Bima.

The following photographs:





 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

BUY ONLINE - PICK UP AT STORE

ONLINE BOOKING SERVICE